Who we are
Our website address is https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk.
All personal information that you provide is kept in accordance with the provisions of UK data protection laws. In no way will information be exploited within our trusted company and databases will never be sold on. This includes all information gathered whether by email or postal addresses. Important Note: Users must be aware that contact information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies should we deem it necessary.
This website is secured using a Digital Certificate. This ensures that all information you send to us via the World Wide Web will be encrypted. Please click the padlock shown at the top of your browser when you get to the checkout page should you wish to view our site certificate and our commitment to your security. SSL is a protocol for securing communication between a web browser, and the webserver. Whenever you access a web server using HTTPS, the page you are sent is encrypted, and any information you send to that server is also encrypted.
The data we collect:-
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the data:-
We use this data for the following;
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. These aim to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We are also PCIDSS compliant
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You can control or restrict the collection and use of your personal information by doing the following:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information. Such as contact and order details. In order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.